Under microprocessor control, a heavy duty, four gang, commercially rated, ceramic switch assembly
connected to a beefy stepper motor simultaneously switches both the input matching circuitry and the output
tank circuitry in tandem. Alpha 9500’s output tank is built to take a beating. With the famous heavy duty
silver plated, hand made, Alpha Pi-L matching network, the Alpha 9500 will operate into up to a 3:1 SWR
without the need for an external antenna tuner.
Alpha 9500 Amplifier
● Frequency coverage: All amateur frequencies from 1.8-29.7 MHz
● Power output: 1500 Watts minimum on all served bands
● 3rd Order IM: <-30 dBc
● SWR tolerance: 3:1
● Drive power: 45 – 60 Watts nominal for full power out
● Tube: single 3CX1500/8877 type high performance power triode with a plate dissipation of 1500 watts provides key down performance on all frequency bands, all modes, and all duty cycles.
● Cooling: Forced air from two blowers
● Antenna outputs: comes standard with 4 x SO-239 BIRD connectors, but can be changed to Type N easily from the back panel by removing 4 screws.
● Antenna selection: Internal 4 port antenna switch with 1 or 2 outputs per band/segment
● Calibrated Wattmeter: The Bruene type wattmeter accurately simultaneously measures both forward and reverse power and displays this information on the easy to read bar graph meters on the front panel. It also uses the information to simultaneously monitor the gain of the amplifier.
● Protection Mechanisms: HV Interlock and Power Interlock.
● Bypass mode: There are two power “ON” buttons on the Alpha 9500. “ON1” activates the Wattmeter and antenna selector without powering the amplifier itself, and sets the amplifier into “bypass” mode. The Amplifier is powered with the “ON2” button.
● Input: Comes standard with an SO-239 BIRD connector, but can be changed to BIRD N Type easily from the back panel – order JCX-X130
● Tuning/Band switching: Automatic plus manual override
● Power: 100,120,200,220,240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, selection Automatic. At 240 VAC requires 20 Amps. Power cord is 8 feet long. Note – Although the amplifier will operate at 100V, the mains will have to be able to deliver upwards of 35 amps.
● Interface: Serial port and USB. Full remote control capability.
● Protection: Protected against all common faults.
● Display: Bar graphs display Power, SWR, Grid Current, Plate Current, Plate Voltage, and Gain – all simultaneously. Digital Panel Meter can display Forward Power, Plate Current, Plate Voltage, Grid Current, SWR, Filament Voltage, and PEP Output.
● T/R switching: Two Gigavac brand vacuum relays enabling QSK (full break-in) at QRO (full power). KEY IN jack 12 vdc / 12 ma.
● Bypass capability: 1500 Watts.
● Shipping Weight: 95 lb, Assembled weight 82 lb
● Product Size: 17.5″w x 7.5″h x 19.75″d
● Standard Shipping Packaging: We ship the amplifier in a double box, and the transformer in a separate box.